Thursday 10 October 2019

Montecristo No. 5 (7 year old)



This is my second smoke of an aged cigar...and I hope it goes better. My initial review of a monte 5 was not great so I guess I'm not expecting great things...I suppose this then serves as an experiment. This Monte is about 7 years old, been looked after in a cedar humidor but has sat for awhile.

Oh...and this is my first mobile review, enjoy!

Cigar summary

Origin: Cuba
Ring gauge: 40
Length: 4
Manufactured: Hand made
Maturity: about 7 years
Construction: Still excellent
Draw: Easy
Strength: Medium at first and developing to full
Flavour: Bitter cocoa from the start and right through 
Burn: Below par
Guy's rating (70-100): <70

General comments:

Wow okay...nothing fruity nothing creamy. Pretty much bitter from the get go. Burnt tobacco and burnt toast is all that's coming through. Not harsh but still not in the category of Cuban pleasant. 

Half way through and I'd put this as bitter...I think aging cigars is a whole art on it's own...such a disappointment. Oh well! Just an excuse to buy another Monte 5 and do a review as a comparison. I'm going to just end it here.






No comments:

Post a Comment